Social media is the digital life of your fire company, police department, or first responder agency. It’s becoming more common for organizations to have a social media presence. It not only provides real-time information on community happenings but also functions as a place to connect with those you serve, listen to public feedback, and help to get your message out to a broader audience. Social media is a crucial element in first responder communications and can be a great tool in attracting recruits. If your department is looking to provide a personal voice to your organization, increase first responder engagement, and reach the right audience at the best time, social media recruiting could be your best option. Below we share how you can keep your community safe by recruiting the right people through effective social media strategies.
Using Social Media for First Responder Engagement and Recruitment
Recruiting and advertising for volunteer positions within the first responder industry has become so much more challenging in the social media era. Not only do you have to grab the attention of potential recruits, but you also have to compete with dozens of other departments for the small number of volunteers in the first responder field. When you partner with 9-ONE-1 Marketing and our public safety social media strategies, we can guarantee positive results on many levels. Our social media strategies help you appeal to prospective recruits on the social platforms they are already engaged in and using. So where do you begin? On the various platforms available where your community already exists!
- Facebook – Facebook alone has close to 3 billion active users. With Facebook, you can give your agency a personality or voice you can’t personify in other media outlets. Share community events, employee spotlights, and behind-the-scenes clips of your department.
- Twitter – The Twitter community is almost 300 million strong. Your Twitter account is a place for real-time news, helping you stay connected with your community.
- Instagram – Your department can create an Instagram account where you can tell your story through pictures, videos, and written content and appeal to younger recruits.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the best platform to post job listings and department information.
- Youtube – Video content resonates with a younger audience. Educate and inform potential recruits through your Youtube channel.
Once you decide on what social platforms to feature for your organization, the team at 9-ONE-1 Marketing will work with you to create a strategy and apply best practices to ensure your presence is strong, reaches the right audience, and tells a captivating story. After you have a social media strategy in place, you need to consider capitalizing on other first responder marketing services, such as a robust website that is easy to navigate and mobile-friendly, as well as relevant content that is engaging and packed with applicable keywords.
First Responder Marketing Services by 9-ONE-1 Marketing
While you’re busy saving lives and protecting the community, you’re likely not thinking about your social media recruiting efforts for your organization—and that’s okay! That’s where we come in. When you partner with 9-ONE-1 Marketing, we help create a focused marketing plan that resonates with your target audience, helping you stand out from the sea of competition. Utilizing clever tactics like creating videos, purposeful social media posts, and strategic advertising, we’ll get your department in front of young recruits. Contact us at (484) 673-0385 to get started.